quadfive

Hi All,

I noticed that when the Graph Editor and Dopesheet are synced, only the Graph allows filter functionality. I would assume this is to imply the Graph governs the filtering for both views, yet this doesn't seem to be the case. To filter the Dopesheet I need to disable Sync. Is this the intended functionality? Once we can select keys directly from the Graph Editor this probably won't be much of an issue, but currently this feels unintentional.

Thanks!
quad
quadfive

Nate

When they are synchronized, the dopesheet shows only the rows for the curves the graph is showing. Since the graph is driving what the dopesheet shows, it doesn't make sense for the dopesheet to have filters.

It sounds like maybe you want to work without synchronizing the graph and dopesheet?
Nate

Nate

quadfive

Hi Nate,

I might be approaching the workflow incorrectly, but here's an example: Say I want to filter out everything except the Shear keyframes so they can be all deleted from an animation. Currently, when synced, the Shear filter works in the Graph Editor, yet the dopesheet still displays Scale and Translate keys, so I can't do a quick drag select for deletion.

If I disable sync, I can filter all the Shear keys in the dopesheet for easy selection. Once we can select keys in the Graph Editor I could just click drag in there for deletion with the current Sync filter behavior.

Let me know if I'm on another planet with this. And also, big thanks for the amazing release. The Graph Editor is definitely a game changer.
quadfive

Nate

quadfive wrote:Currently, when synced, the Shear filter works in the Graph Editor, yet the dopesheet still displays Scale and Translate keys
Ah, you're right. This is a bug, when sync'ed the dopesheet should show only the rows for the curves shown in the graph. We'll fix it up in the next beta version, which will also have key selection for the graph (though maybe not box selection yet) and likely automatic Bezier handles!

Glad you are liking v4! Feedback is very helpful as you dig into it (like this thread!).
Nate

Nate

quadfive

Happy to help—looking forward to those selection tools! Big thanks.
quadfive

Return to Editor