skarasuko

Is there currently quick a way to position the child bones to the end of their parent bone? I like to keep a chain of bones organized and as clean as possible, especially for stuff like hair strands.

I can Translate the child bone's Parent X-axis according to the Parent's Bone Scale, but this has become a tedious process over time, especially if I have more than 5 child bones. Most of the time I can't draw the desired initial Bone Scale, so I often change it. I would like to know if the "Move to Parent Bone's End" can be considered in the next update if this isn't available in the latest version of Spine.
skarasuko

Erika

Hello! Just select the parent bone, make sure to have the parent axis selected, then click on new>bone. This will create a bone at the tip of the parent bone. You can then manually set the bone lenght in the bone properties and edit it with the tools as usual after that.
Erika

Erikari

skarasuko

Hello, Erikari. You might have misunderstood what I was asking about. This is an example of a chain of Bones that I usually make.

Often times, I am not satisfied with the length as I make it for images that require Weights based on these bones. So, I tend to change the Bone Scale to match the images. My eventual setup is complicated to explain, but I usually keep these bones at equal Bone Scale.

The idea I am presenting is an easy-to-access button that moves the selected bone to the end of their Parent bone based on its Bone Scale, instead of having to input the Child Bone's Translate Parent X-axis manually. So the automatic process would be like: Child Bone's Parent X-axis = Parent's Bone Scale. This would eliminate the need to Undo and repeat the process of moving the bones as well as keep the bones aligned efficiently.
skarasuko

warmanw

Nice, @Erika, I didnt know that,

@skarasuko, for now you can redraw the bones instead of scaling them to match the imagesize. . however it wont give you precise one-after-another chain.

Also if the chain is not big you can make constraints with stretch and compress. at each joint. and you will need to move joints
warmanw

Kickstarter Backer

skarasuko

@warmanw I appreciate the suggestion, but it most likely won't apply to me for now. Stretch and Compress is a little hard to handle with the Weights. I hope the company can implement my idea, because it sounds like an essential convenience that would help a lot of people and easy to put in the program.

I have a hair that has multiple layers, and their own set of Bone chain. Each of these bones have a Transform Constraint to a chain of Bones that I actually keyframe. I adjust the Rotation Mix of all bones weighted to the actual hair layers. I do this very long setup for more control over the animation intensity of each hair strand and work with less keyframes in Animate Mode.
skarasuko

Return to Editor