fns

Hi and please help me if possible with this,

So the situation is this, i have hundreds of assets (about 700 in total) and these are used by 17 skeletons in my project.My assets consist in body parts which are both skin color and clothes in the same asset, so the skin is not separate from lets say shirt.So what i did was to change the colors of the body skin in every asset but save as the same name.After that i created different folders named like this Black_Skin, White_Skin etc and copy the assets which are named the same so the project would recognise.So what i want to do is create skins for all these so i can swap from lets say Black Skin to White Skin.
What would be the most fastest way to do this avoiding to rename manually every duplicated mesh to access the specific skin color folder path.

Thank you so much!

Vlad
fns

Nate

The fastest way would be to not do it at all. :) If the only difference is the images, it's not necessary to rig it all in Spine. Instead you could rig just one in Spine as a sort of template, then at runtime make a copy of that and change the images used:
Runtime Skins - Spine Runtimes Guide: Creating attachments
Nate

Nate

fns

Thank you Nate for your answer!Is it also possible to combine this method with new elements (assets) for which i want to create skins?
(Ex. Lets say i want to create different types of heads/faces and also different hairstyles and control these separately.

Thank you!

Vlad
fns

Nate

No problem! Yes, you can assemble a skin at runtime using attachments and/or other skins. See here:
Runtime Skins - Spine Runtimes Guide: Grouping attachments
Nate

Nate

Return to Editor