misaki_m

Hello,

I want you to help me about 2.5D hair's weight setting.
Since I can't show you the actual character, I attached an example image.

I am going to make a 2.5D character head, but I can't make the weight setting to keep correct shape at both of up and down angle.
The characters who swept the bangs back are especially difficult for me.
It might a kind of the problem that many Spine users are suffered.

Could you tell me how to solve it?
I'd like to get many ideas.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
misaki_m

Erika

Hello Misaki,
in these cases I think it helps to have one or two extra images for the top/back of the hair, so that the front doesn't have to stretch that much.
They are not seen in the front view, but they can be drawn specifically for when the character looks down.

I hope this solution may work for you, if not, having further details may help.
Erika

Erikari

misaki_m

I'm sorry for my late reply! Thank you so much, Erika!
Actually, I thought I might have to make additional parts, so your opinion gave me a conviction!
I'll try to set additional parts for the back hair.
misaki_m

OatmealMu

Yeah, splitting the hair up into more parts is the way to go. Most of the Live 2D tutorials I've across split the hair into two parts: front and back. That might work for some hairstyles, but I didn't like the results. I ended up splitting the hair into three parts: front, middle and back.

OatmealMu

misaki_m

Thank you so much your reply, OatmealMu!
The image you attached is really understandable!!

I think if the top of hairs was round like as your example, it would be easy to set up.
However I was suffered a spiky hair like Sonic or Goku(DRAGON BALL).
Thank to you and Erika's advices, I noticed I should separate the hair each sharp shape.
misaki_m

Return to Editor