zooropa

I have a complex animation open in the dopesheet. Is there a keyboard shortcut or other way to quickly select all of the bones that have keys in the current animation?

Thank you!
zooropa

Nate

There's not a keyboard shortcut, but if you:
1) deselect (spacebar or escape or double click in the viewport),
2) then lock the dopesheet (or refresh the dopesheet if already locked),
3) then select all keys in the dopesheet (click the dopesheet then ctrl+A (or cmd+A on Mac) or box select the first row in the dopesheet),
then Spine will select in the viewport all bones that have keys. This works because when the dopesheet is locked, selecting a key will select the relevant bone in the dopesheet. It only works when the dopesheet is locked because otherwise selecting a bone in the viewport changes what the dopesheet shows.

I'd be interested in knowing what you would like a hotkey for this?

Would it help if I told you that ctrl+shift+L will key every row currently showing in the dopesheet? This is useful to key all the things that are already keyed.
Nate

Nate

zooropa

Actually, Spacebar + Refresh (in locked mode) seems to be exactly what I was looking for :)

I am working with the dopesheet locked and I didn't realize that Deselecting everything will actually cause the timeline to show all the keyed bones when hitting Refresh.

Eh, early days getting accustomed to the UI. Thank you for the help Nate and yes, ctrl+shift+L sounds like a very useful shortcut!
zooropa

Nate

Great, glad that helped! Managing the dopesheet/graph contents is a little tricky at first.
Nate

Nate

OK_Rabbit

Hi Spine Team!
I'm having trouble getting all keyed bones to appear in the dopesheet as well. I'd like to select all bones and keys to offset all keys at once.

When I do the following:
-- Space bar to deselect all
-- Drag a box around character or use CTRL+A to select all

The bones appear selected in the tree and main graphics area, BUT they do not appear in the dopesheet :(

I'm using 14.0.19-beta Professional. I don't see a lock in the dope sheet :think: Was this moved or renamed in the new Spine 14-beta?

Is there something I'm missing, misunderstanding, or doing wrong? Attached is a screenshot for clarification. Any suggestions much appreciated :)

Capture-spine-issue.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OK_Rabbit

zooropa

Hi OK_Rabbit. I am using version 3.8.99 and indeed it seems I have a few extra buttons in the dopesheet toolbar:

https://prnt.sc/vanpph
zooropa

Nate

When you have Sync enabled in the graph, the dopesheet filter buttons are removed. When Sync is disabled the dopesheet is filtered to only show the keys for the curves that the dopesheet is showing.
Nate

Nate

OK_Rabbit

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Problem fixed :)

Guess this is what I get for clicking on buttons without fully understanding what their impact will be :detective:
OK_Rabbit

Nate

Great! :D

It's good to click the buttons! Maybe just click each one an even number of times though. ;)
Nate

Nate

Return to Editor