JGecek

i know this has been covered a few times, but nothing seems to solve it for me . Does anyone know how to get rid of these black outlines?!?! I feel like i've tried everything.

i'm in spine 3.8 and unity 2020.1.0b something something.

JGecek

Harald

Did you follow the setup of the spine-unity documentation page here?
spine-unity Runtime Documentation: Advanced Premultiplied vs Straight Alpha Import

If yes, can you please post some screenshots depicting your Spine atlas export settings and your Unity Texture and Material settings?
Harald

Harri

JGecek

Harald, Thanks so much. So, unchecking "straight Alpha Texture" solved the black line issue, but now everything is very pixelated on the edges. Any clue on that? I've attached a few images to help. Idk if you can tell, but the material looks pixelated in the top image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JGecek

Harald

Thanks for posting the images. Can you please post the advanced section of the Texture import settings as well?

Just to be sure: I assume you have not enabled texture compression as an override of the default settings on the target platform, right?
Harald

Harri

JGecek

Hi Harald, Thanks for your help so far.
Here is the advanced section of the texture.
As for overriding Texture Compression, I would assume it's all correct because I don't know what that is or how to tweak it , lol. So I doubt that I changed anything (i'm a bit of a Unity novice)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JGecek

Harald

JGecek wrote:As for overriding Texture Compression, I would assume it's all correct because I don't know what that is or how to tweak it , lol.
The override settings for other platforms are the tabs next to the "Default" tab, you can enable overrides for Desktop, iOS and Android there.

Regarding the Advanced section, you could disable mipmap generation, as these can create artifacts.
If this still is not the cause, could you please send us the problematic assets (the three exported files) as a zip package to contact@esotericsoftware.com or attach them to a forum posting here. Then we can have a look at it.
Harald

Harri

JGecek

Hey Harald, Mipmaps was the key! Thank you so much.

Just a quick FYI , this forum reallys makes Esoteric look great. You guys are are helpful and really work through the problems with each customer. I'm sure you and I will cross paths a bunch in the future! Thank you so much again. Great job.
JGecek

Harald

Thanks very much for your kind words! :nerd: Glad we could find the cause of the problem!
Harald

Harri

Return to Unity