bobbylamhk

This is the Hand Part taken from the character I am trying to make, hoping to make a hand system to be re-use on different characters with totally different hand motions.

I use a Bone to group the front and back side of the finger bones, (mainly for placing the thumb), calling them Hand-In and Hand-Out, so I make switch the inside and outside by just a right-click during an animation.

But now, I am facing the problem in the Animation Mode :
I animated something with the Inside in Animation 1, (I.e. Right Click Hand-In Bone, making the Fingers Bones and Slot Attachments visible; while Hand-Out bone Off, finger bones and slots attachments invisible),
and then, I switched to Hand-Out in animation 2 (and Hand-In be invisible here),
when I go back to Animation 1, I found Animation 1 have also turn out to be showing Hand-Out now, instead of the original Hand-In side I made.
Also, if I turn on Hand-In in the beginning part of a Animation, and then switch to Hand-Out in the end part, Hand-In will become invisible in the beginning part now.

I believe there should be some way to complete this hand system, for maximum flexibility on hand motions, though.
Can anyone tell me the correct way to deal with the switching?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobbylamhk

Erika

Hello,

If you are attemping to use the slot visibility as something to key in an animation, the workflow is incorrect. Slot visibility, like bone visibility, is intended to be used in editor only to avoid clutter, but it has no effect at runtime.

The correct workflow consists in keying the attachments visibility instead, leaving the slots always visible, but the contents not visible.
Erika

Erikari

bobbylamhk

I see...that means I will have to switch on and off the Fingers attachments one by one.
Thanks Erika.

For something with lots of parts, hopefully there will be something like Folder in Photoshop for grouping set of bones,
or using one big slot to place small bones and slots inside, so we may switch things on and off easily in the future.
bobbylamhk

Erika

Sure there is! check out the features list of the Photoshop to Spine script here:
spine-scripts/photoshop at master · EsotericSoftware/spine-scripts
(there's also a video if you scroll down!)
Erika

Erikari

Return to Editor