undead_ooze

Hello, I'm trying to set skins and attachments on a character using Blueprints but I'm having issues with it, both in a blueprint with the skeleton and on a UI widget. Using Spine 3.8.75, UE 4.22.3 and the spine runtimes 3.8

The character loads just fine, and on the blueprint with the skeleton I can see the different skins using the Preview Skin functionality on the SpineSkeletonAnimation component. On the UI widget the character loads fine with the default skin, but if I change the skin at runtime using the SetSkin node the skin is loaded wrong, as if pulling from the wrong part of the atlas or as if trying to fit a different size character.

The attachment does not generate any errors on the output log in Unreal, but using the Set Attachment node always fails, I have tried several different names on the attachment. Not sure if this is an export option that I am missing, or if a naming issue, or if I'm somehow missing a step, but this does not work.

Here's the blueprint setup
SpineBP.png

Here's what I believe is the same attachment I'm trying to set in the blueprint on the .atlas file:
ShortAtlas.png

Here's the character with a skin properly loaded with the Skin Preview:
SpineBP_berries_test.png

Here's the character with the default skin loaded in the widget:
Widget_default.png

Here's the issue on the widget, loading the same skin that was previewed in the blueprint:
Widget_berries_test.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
undead_ooze

Mario

Could you send me your .json, .atlas, and .png files to contact@esotericsoftware.com referencing this thread? I can then have a look into it using the same assets as you, which will rule out any error sources.
Mario

Mario

Mario

Thanks for the files. I've created an issue here which I'll update as soon as I have found and fixed the issue. [unreal] Setting an attachment in a skin via blueprints crashes · #1534
Mario

Mario

undead_ooze

Thank you!

---

Hello, are there any updates on this issue? Our team bought Spine exclusively for this and we were relying on it to ship our game.
undead_ooze

Mario

I'll be working on this next week. It's quite involved and I haven't had time for it yet I'm afraid.
Mario

Mario

undead_ooze

Any news on this issue? Is there an estimate of when this could be fixed? Our project is still relying on spine and we had to push back our release to wait for this, so any update would be appreciated.
undead_ooze

Mario

Sorry, I haven't had time yet to look into it. I'll update the issue and this forum thread once I get it done.
Mario

Mario

Return to Runtimes