Abelius

Hi there, this probably must have been asked before, but I didn't find any thread with my topic keywords, so there you go...

My models are starting to get very complex and they have loads of constraints, bones, slots, etc., and I'm starting to worry that one of these days an error popup shows up telling me I've reached the maximum number of something.

So, what are the hard limits of all elements of a skeleton? Also taking into account I'm exporting to Unity.

Thank you!
Abelius

Sinisa

Hi Abelius. The short answer is no, there are no limits in Spine, but you have to take into account the target platform specs and engine support. Before you make a ginormous rig I would suggest that you test it out first so you are well aware of your limitations. Did you already export the files and try them out in Unity?
Sinisa

Sinisa

Abelius

Sinisa wrote:Hi Abelius. The short answer is no, there are no limits in Spine, but you have to take into account the target platform specs and engine support.
It would be Windows x64 over Unity.

Or do you mean the recommended specs for running the game, in general terms?
Sinisa wrote:Before you make a ginormous rig I would suggest that you test it out first so you are well aware of your limitations. Did you already export the files and try them out in Unity?
Yup, I've also generated around 20 random characters on screen and it doesn't break anything.

Anyways, my main worry was that Spine or the Unity runtimes would have some hard limit built in. So if we're just talking about performance degradation, there shouldn't be any problems.

Thank you!
Abelius

Return to Editor